Thursday, July 9, 2009

Day 13

Day 13 The boys and I (Brendan & Derek) took a day trip to Villa Borghese, the 'Park of Museums.' It was beautiful and bloody hot. I was laughed at when I brought my parasol. I inwardly laughed when poor white white Derek wanted under it. (Love you Love) After cheesing for the camera and lunch we split up. Brendan went home and I accompanied Derek to do some shopping, he wanted to pick up a few things before heading back to the US. Poor poor Derek had no idea what he had gotten himself into.

A typical outting with Jane in a newish city goes a bit like this: "Ohhh look at that--lets go take a little look." "Do you mind if we go in this shop? I'm just going to try a few things on." After we leave the one shop- "Ohhh what's that over there." And so on.

You know what? It didn't seem to bother him at all. Derek was lighthearted and patient and that is why I love him. When shops commenced to close and the sky dimmed we sat at a fountain near the Pantheon and talked as a thirteen looking year old boy played an accordian. (ah my insides are smiling) Since Derek and I are Christians of differing degrees, naturally the sex before marriage talk arose. Derek's stance was -- You should wait. Mine was that the concept of waiting is great for those who want to, but you don't have to. (This being the short version) I then told Derek how before my present situation, I put the whole sex thing on hold for a year due to religious (My views have changed since) and personal reasons. At this point the convo went:

Derek: "ooo It's not too late...come back to the right side."
Me: "What do you mean it's not too late...too late for what? And the right side?"
Silence.
Me: "Derek are you trying to save me!?"
Slight laughter among us both.
Derek: "What???"
Me: "Seriously this is why Christians get the crazy rep! You can't go around trying to save people.You're basically saying I'm right and you're wrong. And believe me no-one wants to hear that. And who's to say you are right?"

(There's no need to contine on - It still makes me laugh that Derek tried to "save" me.)

We got home pretty late, yet I was determined to cook dinner. So, I opened a bottle of red and destroyed the kitchen with my infamous (if you know me) strogenoff.

Smile. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


(I just paid my credit card bill. Lets just say I went over budget. It was worth every cent. Yes, I'm home now, and I will continue to write on, the value of these written memories will increase with time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment